Hi! Thanks for visiting this page on our Juniors Hockey !
The BHHC Juniors 2019 / 2020 season is upon us... and communications about various matters will start to come out over the next few weeks. In the meantime to get things underway, please read following about the (a) Pre-season Camp in August, (b) Juniors Club Day and (c) Weekly training schedule.
(a) Pre-Season Juniors Camp (20,21 and 22 August)
Further details about the camp and registration check out August Camp 2019
Remember you must register by 14 August !!
(b) Juniors Club Day - 8 Sept 2019 at Blatchington Mill School (our home pitches)
All juniors should attend this day to register for the season and pick-up shoelace tags (mandatory for this season), meet the team managers, buy some great hockey gear from Fuel, our new local hockey supplier, have mouth-guards made-up, enjoy the BBQ and have fun playing some hockey !
The schedule for 8 Sept is set out below. Please only attend your age group session (i.e. school year from Sept 2019) and please arrive 15/20 mins early so registration details can be confirmed (or you may not get onto the pitch !).
- 09.00 - 09.45: Under 6s to U10s (school years: 2 up to 5) on the North Pitch.
- 10.00 - 10.45: Under 12s Girls (school years: 6 & 7) on the North Pitch.
- 10.00 - 10.45: Under 12s Boys (school years: 6 & 7) on the South Pitch.
- 11.00 - 11.45: Under 14s Girls (school years: 8 & 9) on the North Pitch
- 11.00 - 11.45: Under 14s Boys (school years: 8 & 9) on the South Pitch
- 12.00 - 12.45: Under 16s Girls (school years: 10 & 11) on the North Pitch
- 12.00 - 12.45: Under 16s Boys (school years: 10 & 11) on the South Pitch
If you cannot come along at the allocated time to play, then please still come along when you can to complete registration and pick-up a tag (we'll be around at the pitches until the early afternoon).
Annual Junior Membership fees are:
- U10s to U16s: £120 (includes new club shirt)
- U6s to U9s: £105 (Sunday morning training only; does not include a shirt as one will be provided for matches)
Existing members can make payments via Pitchero (membership products will be available to purchase from w/c 5 Aug 2019): Membership Payments
New joiners can register and make payment at the Juniors Club Day.
(c) Weekly training schedule
The details of Juniors weekly training schedule can be found at: BHHC Training Schedule 2019/2020
HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE:
- All juniors should only attend their age group training. Attending other group training sessions will NOT be permitted unless parent and junior player has been informed by one of Wendy Russell (Juniors Head Coach), Karen Edwards (Girls Club Manager), or Myles Ford (Boys Club Manager).
- Under 12 Girls and Under 12 Boys should only attend the Thursday 5.30pm sessions UNLESS parent and junior player have been informed by one of the above to attend a later or different training session.
Squad / team level communications will come out from relevant team managers via Pitchero, so existing players/parents please make sure all your details are up to date in the your membership section on Pitchero.
All our training sessions are led by qualified coaches supported by senior players from the Club. The training will commence from 10 Sept 2019 through to April 2020 and takes place at Blatchington Mill School astro pitches. During half-term breaks in the season we'll be holding hockey camps. These will be all day sessions for Year 5 and above juniors (details will be posted on the News pages of the website).
All juniors should wear sports kit and should take into account weather conditions (i.e. water-proofs, gloves/beanie hats for wet / cold conditions). Layers of kit are recommended. Additionally good trainers for astro-turf surface.
We have hockey sticks and balls for all age groups.
For juniors over 8 year old it is a requirement to wear a mouth-guard and shin-pads; for those under 8 we recommend the same. BHHC cannot accept responsibility for injuries resulting from not wearing them.
A bottle of water is also recommended (parents may want to bring along a hot drink on cold weekday evenings or Sunday mornings !
Safeguarding details can be found >> SAFEGUARDING
See next page for Membership registration and membership payments.
The details for each age group can be found on the Teams page of the website: Teams Section
Any questions, please do contact us at email@example.com