Brighton and Hove Hockey Club is looking for an enthusiastic person who is interested in developing and supporting the juniors and young umpires in the role of Junior Umpire Coordinator.
BHHC has a strong junior section and has been developing the young players as well-rounded hockey participants. Last year more than 20 under-16 juniors took part in an introduction to umpiring course and 10 of these have umpired junior matches. That course included umpire coaching from Wendy Russell (BHHC's Director of Coaches) and Alan Grey (Sussex Umpires Association).
The role is part time and only required from September to May. Full details of the role are outlined below.
Anyone interested in applying or requiring more details should please contact Wendy Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07816 886417.
Purpose of the Junior Umpire Coordinator role
- Allocation of juniors umpires to juniors home matches/tournaments or festivals
- Manage pool of junior umpires - keep an up-to-date record including matches they have umpired
- Development of junior umpires (liaison with Wendy Russell and Alan Grey)
- Liaise with Director of Junior Hockey (DOJH) about matches and fixtures - this will include the allocation of junior umpires and informing the junior managers as to who has been allocated
- Foster the growth/raise the profile of junior umpires in the club
- Promote any junior umpire courses to relevant juniors
- Report any problems or success to DOJH
- Be a link and contact person for junior umpires, their parents and the junior committee
- IT competency
- Problem solving
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Can maintain confidentiality on relevant matters
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
Updated 21:16 - 20 Mar 2019 by Atul Patel
- DBS (this is a child protection check and will be paid for by the club and completed with support)