The new season for Brighton and Hove Hockey Club's women's section starts in earnest this Saturday, September 1, with Club Day at the Blatchington Mill School pitches and all current members and prospective new members are welcome.
Club Day features trials for the women from 11am to 1pm, followed shortly after by BHHC's women's first team playing Bournemouth.
Women's Club Captain Kate Kieran says: "Come up to 'Battlefield Blatch' and enjoy a few hours of hockey. Even if you’re not sure about picking up a stick after a long break please come down and meet some of our players. We will be running a 'Back to Hockey' soon so come down and have a look."
The aim of women's Club Day on Saturday is:
· All players new and old welcome, especially any new players looking to join a club
· Small-sided games to get you back into hockey
· Teams for intra-club matches on September 8 will be arranged off the back of trials day
· At 1.30pm our women’s 1s take on Bournemouth in a south coast clash - please stay and watch
The following Saturday (September 8) is adult Club Day with the men's trials, a bbq and the clubhouse open to start the new season. For the women’s section the day will feature a series of matches between BHHC teams:
· 10.30am-12 noon - 6s v 7s
· 12 noon-1.30pm - 4s v 5s
· 1.30pm-3pm - 2s v 3s
· Followed by BBQ, beers or soft drinks
· There will hopefully be kit for sale - including sticks - and also mouth guard fitting on both weekends.
Kate also says: "We had our first captains' meeting on August 23 and will publish the minutes soon. This is something we plan to do after every meeting for more transparency, something that came out of the women’s forum earlier this summer."
For more information about BHHC's adult Club Days please contact:
Kate Kieran, Women’s Club Captain, at email@example.com
Pete Stevens, Men’s Club Captain, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the BHHC juniors club day on Sunday September 9 please visit
or contact Atul Patel, Junior Director of Hockey, at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing everyone at Club Day.
Updated 11:38 - 21 Oct 2018 by Shaun Pimley